Annual Training Hours/Licensing Requirements
Developing Your Professional Development Plan
The Scope and Sequence process can be used by professionals to determine what professional development experience comes next in the sequence based on level. Professionals can determine which professional development experience is a good fit for their role. The following are Scope and Sequence processes for the target age groups of your students.
Professional Development Plans
Professional learning opportunities provide new knowledge and a chance to share ideas, network with peers, visit other early childhood programs and reinforce what you are doing well. Take advantage of planning your professional learning in advance. Some questions to reflect on include:
- What is your qualification or career pathway goal? (for example, you may be an assistant teacher now and your goal is to become qualified as a teacher)
- What topics would help you improve your practice in your program? (for example, you may benefit from some behavior or social emotional development topics while looking for some new classroom strategies)
- What topics are you interested in? (for example, you may be interested in science)
- What training/education is required by regulations? (for example, you may need to renew your CPR certification)
Updated OCCL Approved/Required Individualized Professional Development Plans (IDPD):
For questions or support as you develop your Professional Development Plan, call 302-831-3239.
Annual Training Hours/ Licensing Requirements
Annual training hours are required under Delacare Rules for those working in licensed child care facilities. To ensure that the early childhood workforce acquires and maintains essential knowledge and skills; the Licensees of Family Child Care (FCC) Homes, staff members of Large Family Child Care (LFCC) Homes, Early Care and Education (ECE), and School-Age (SA) Centers are required to successfully complete annual training hours each licensure year.
Specific annual training requirements are specified in Delacare Rules as follows:
- FCC Licensees – Twelve (12) Clock Hours (Delacare: Rules for Family Child Care Homes – Rules #134-135)
- LFCC Staff Members– Fifteen (15) Clock Hours (Delacare: Rules for Large Family Child Care Homes – Rules #165-166)
- ECE and SA Center Staff Members – Eighteen (18)* Clock Hours (Delacare: Rules for Early Care and Education and School-Age Centers – Rules #177-1 78)
- ECE/SA Center Staff Members working less than twenty-five (25) hours per week are required to take at least nine (9) hours of training each licensure year.
For more information regarding Licensing Requirements, please visit the Office of Childcare Licensing
At this time programs can choose the following required quality assured hours to meet the Stars standards:
For more information regarding Delaware Stars requirements, please visit the Delaware Stars website